One of the best options for achieving the perfect atmosphere of any room or room in our house is the use of indoor plants as a decoration complement. Its health benefits have been extensively proven: they create relaxed environments and therefore reduce stress levels. But, also, they help to reduce dust by reducing the dryness of the environment.
No matter the style of decoration, there are so many varieties of flowers and plants that they are easily adaptable to any style and environment, whether traditional or completely modern.
The only things to take into account are the light and humidity needs of the same and, above all, consider that in general, few plants support the continuous change from one place to another, it is better to always keep them in the same place in the house.
Types of decorative indoor plants
It is important to know which plants are ideal for interior spaces. These varieties of plants normally require little light and water, and that makes them ideal for being at home.
Below is a shortlist of indoor plants that are ideal to be placed inside the house and decorated:
- Poles: They need to be hung and in a space near the light. It is recommended to place them near the windows.
- Aspidistra: A hardy plant that requires shade and little watering.
- Trunk of Brazil: A plant that does not need much light and is resistant to drought. It can be placed anywhere in the house.
- Cacti: There are many varieties of cacti, but most of them can be in small pots, they should be watered sparingly, but they need light, so they are ideal to be in the windows.
- Dracena: A plant that does not require much sun or space. It can measure up to two meters, and the way to water it must be moderate.
- Sansevieria: Ideal for dark places, does not require much watering, and can live up to fifteen years with little care.
- Aglaonema: Ideal for indoors, it does not require much light, it should be watered regularly, but it is not cold tolerant.
- Ferns: Ferns are used to hang; they need enough light, so it is recommended that they be at the entrance or patio of the house; they require abundant irrigation for their growth and beauty.
- Ficus: It is a very striking and beautiful plant that can be used outdoors to decorate or indoors as a bonsai.
What are the best indoor plants to decorate?
Many plants adapt well to home conditions, but some such as the following can be highlighted:
- The sansevieras and cactus, in general, their little need for irrigation although the first survive better in dark conditions than the latter.
- The ficus, the bamboo, the espatifilos, and dracaenas, they need more watering and humidity.
- The ivy, which is characterized by rapid growth, sometimes difficult to control, and that is a good option to fill hanging baskets.
- The herbs can be used to decorate any style of cooking, while they can become a natural air freshener and be very useful for future recipes.
For oxygen to flow in the home, there is nothing better than growing plants. If a garden is not available, it is not a cause for concern, as we have seen, some species can adapt to every corner of the interior of the house or dwelling.…